Altium's TASKING products are the choice for embedded software development across industry-standard computer platforms. Our embedded development environment, C compiler, assembler, debugger and RTOS offerings, coupled with our global support and services, are the most comprehensive available. Worldwide, more embedded software applications have been developed using TASKING tools than any other company.
What we offer to embedded design?
- Development tools for DSPs and 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit processors, microcontrollers and softcores
- Integration with RTOS and TCP/IP solutions
- Debugger technology that supports any RTOS technology via open interface and multi-core systems
- Support for, and adherence to, industry trends like MISRA C, CERT C, Eclipse and ORTI
- Active compiler and debugger R&D with DSP specialization
- Extensively tested against authoritative validation suites, such as Perennial and Plum Hall
- Intensive co-operation with third-party tool manufacturers to ensure tooling inter-operability
- Embedded applications services group with expertise in common protocols, TCP/IP, Java and RTOSs
- Installed base of many of the world's leading automotive, aerospace, defense, industrial, medical, datacom and telecom customers
What do TASKING products include?
Converts application code written in a high level language such as C or C++ into machine language.
Advanced (multi-core) linkers and helpful utilities
Our linkers are known for their high level of configurability, enabling the user to optimize the memory layout and content. Many utilities will help to speed up your development, including a make for parallel build and high-level object dumpers.
Allows the software developer to 'step through the code' instruction-by-instruction to check logic and syntax. We provide simulators and on-chip debuggers, GUI based as well as command line based for automated test processes.
Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
Graphical User Interface (GUI) from which the compiler, debugger and other programming tools are launched and managed.
What makes TASKING products unique?
Stable and robust
TASKING toolsets do have a proven in use track record in many industry segments. The compiler's code generation is stable and robust, giving our users the trust to use the compilers for example in safety critical applications.
The compilers generate extremely optimized code, both on size and speed. This is proven in a wide variety of real world applications, but also on industry standard benchmark suites.
Long term (legacy version) support
Our build process allows us to reproduce any version at any time. We offer dedicated support to legacy versions so that you can guarantee the support of your product to your customers.
Close partnerships with automotive Tier-1 customers
We develop and enhance our products in close co-operation with our customers, including the world's largest automotive Tier-1 vendors. Our products offer functionality requested and specified by our customers and semiconductor partners. The multi-core support in our linker has for example been jointly developed with one of the leading Powertrain vendors.