TASKING VX-toolset for Power Architecture v2.2r1
This release note covers the changes between TASKING VX-toolset for Power Architecture v2.1r1 and v2.2r1.
Added hardware debugging
This version adds hardware debugging for xPC560 boards via the P&E debug probes. The following
boards have been tested:
- TRK-MPC5604B / TRK-MPC5606B
- MPC5604EEVB64: MPC5604E Evaluation board
The following debug probes are supported:
- P&E USB Multilink Universal debug probe
- P&E USB Multilink Universal FX debug probe
- P&E USB Qorivva Multilink debug probe
- P&E Cyclone Max debug probe
Note that it is required to install the P&E drivers before a debug connection can be established.
Interrupt handling for e200z0
The e200z0 does not have IVOR SPRs. Instead the address for the interrupts service routines have a fixed
offset to the IVPR (Interrupt Vector Prefix Register). This is now fully supported by the C compiler and LSL
files. Also the simulator has been extended with e200z0 interrupt support.
This release adds MISRA-C12 support to the C compiler. Rules selection and related configuration can be
done from Eclipse. See the User Guide for the list of rules supported by the C compiler.
Improved EABI compliancy
Various improvements have been made in the C compiler and libraries for EABI compliance:
- Added support for long-long bit-fields
- 16-byte alignment of the stack-pointer
- New --eabi=-sdata-aggregate option to disallow the use of short addressing mode for external aggregates
- Corrected alignment of the malloc routine return pointer
- Renamed __va_list for va_list of stdarg.h into "__va_list_tag"
- No longer required to store registers for named parameters on stack for vararg functions
Improved floating point configuration: --fp-model
The C compiler and control program support a new option --fp-model to control all floating point related
settings. Some of those settings were formerly done with separate options. Also Eclipse got a new separate
page for setting the floating point model options.
The following options are deprecated:
- -F ==> --fp-model=+float
- --no-fpu ==> --fp-model=+soft
- --fp-trap ==> --fp-model=+trap
- 170-554 - Add option --fp-model to control floating point execution model
- 170-627 - Support for MPC5604E Evaluation board
- 170-629 - Support for TRK-MPC5604P
- 170-630 - Support for TRK-MPC5604B / TRK-MPC5606B
- 170-658 - Support for MISRA C:2012
- 170-685 - New --eabi=s/S +/-sdata-aggregate option
- 170-687 - Added -O+/-callret and __attribute__((nocallret))
- 170-580 - --fp-model support in Eclipse
- 170-642 - obsolete rlwinm instruction
- 170-310 - e200z0 needs an alternative interrupt vector solution
- 170-398 - __get_return_address() doesn't work in combination with call-return optimization
- 170-541 - Improve VLE instruction support in assembler
- 170-573 - HLL symbol table: hide pointer qualifiers in argument lists
- 170-583 - e200z0 support must be added to the exception handling in the simulator
- 170-594 - Disassembly gives question marks for section .test_vle.printf.libc
- 170-599 - Simulator exception handling erroneously clears flags
- 170-601 - MIL linking results in type check errors because of thresholds
- 170-604 - In debugger, windows are not updated, after stepping through the program
- 170-607 - Make enums compliant to 2011 EABI
- 170-609 - The ABI requires long-long bitfields to be implemented
- 170-611 - ABI requires 16-byte alignment of the stack-pointer.
- 170-668 - @CPU assembly function doesn't work.
- 170-686 - EABI requires different prototype of __va_start() intrinsic
The list of open issues for v2.2r1 can be found on the internet.
The TASKING VX-toolset for Power Architecture uses the TASKING license management software. In order to be able
to run this toolset, you will need a license key. You can only obtain a license key if you have purchased this product.
See section 126.96.36.199 in the Getting Started with the TASKING VX-toolset for Power Architecture guide for
information on obtaining a license