TASKING VX-toolset for TriCore v6.3r1 patch 3
This release note covers the changes between v6.3r1 and v6.3r1 patch 3 of the TASKING VX-toolset for TriCore.
For release notes prior to v6.3r1, please visit the TASKING
TriCore support website.
This patch contains changes to the following components:
- TriCore C compiler
- TriCore linker
- TriCore library source files: copysign.c, copysignf.c, isinf.c, isinff.c, isnan.c, isnanf.c and f_ftohp.c
- Files to support the TC33x family, e.g. LSL files, SFR files and files to provide debugger support
- Updated LSL files for derivatives TC35x and TC37x
- Files to provide debugger support for the TC387 on a TC3x7 TriBoard
Please note that the TriCore libraries have been rebuilt. These libraries are also part of this patch.
For this patch, the following executable files have an updated build number: Build 20080452
All other executable files still have the original v6.3r1 build number: Build 19041558
- Linker ltc: very long link / locate time >= 1 hour
- Linker allows cloned sections outside the available DSPR0 memory range
- Linker does not insert alignment_protection sections when a group includes sections with a different alignment
- Compile-time concatenation of character string literal with unicode string literal fails
- Linker may hang when the size of an output section is at least 2 MB
- Invalid constant propagation with tripple indirection
- Include file may be skipped when same filename is included from different directories
- Missing initialization for local variable in a specific test case
- Incorrect conversion of _Complex type to _Bool
- Linker inserts section in an ordered, contiguous, fill group
- Intrinsics __extracthwN and __extractbbyteN may return wrong result
- Loop invariant code optimization issue
- Standard floating-point functions that are inlined may return wrong result
- Large floating-point numbers become zero when converted to _Float16
- C compiler: wrong code generation when using packed structures with some members declared as bit fields of width 17..24
- Zero-sized bit-field does not create padding before subsequent bit-field with --eabi=B
New Device Support
- Toolset support for the TC33x family
- Run-time error for double _Complex expression passing to a function
- C compiler omits value assignment to pointer type function argument with forward store optimization enabled
- Unroll small loops optimization leads to wrong code when speed tradeoff -t0 used
- C compiler - Generic Assembly Code optimization leads to false array index location in loop
- Incorrect reordering of volatile memory reads
- EMEM memory definition missing in TC35x LSL file
- Erroneous code for a 'for' loop
- Compiler Error: ctc S900 - internal consistency check failed with -O2 -t0
New Device Support
- Debugger support for TC387 chip on TC3x7 TriBoard
After installation of this patch, the directory
backup_patch3 is present
in the installation directory of the product.
- Copy the contents of directory
backup_patch3 to the installation directory.
This way you overwrite the files installed by the patch.
- Remove directory
TASKING products are protected with TASKING license management software.
You need a license key when you install a TASKING product on a computer. When you order a TASKING
product from Altium or one of its distributors, a license key will be sent to you by email or on paper.
See Obtaining a License on our website for more information.
Local TASKING License Server (not applicable to evaluation licenses)
If you have ordered a TASKING product with a floating license, you can have it serviced by the
Remote TASKING License Server (the most convenient solution) or through a Local TASKING License Server
(in case you have no external network access for example). Consult your Altium representative for
assistance on deciding what the best setup would be for your situation.
If you like to setup up a local license server, we kindly refer you for more information to
Support for TASKING License Management System (TLM)
on our website. Here you can also download the Local TASKING License Server package.
It is advised that you install the Local TASKING License Server before you install products that
require this server.