Complete 196 application development environment from Altium, the number one supplier of development tools for the 8 and 16 bit market.
New generation EDE, Windows based embedded development environment
- Integrated tools delivering a rapid edit-compile-link process
- Easy project setup with generation of makefiles
- Language sensitive editor with many productive features:
- Project Spaces that enable you to group multiple projects in one view, thus offering improved project management for more complex developments.
- CodeSense advanced coding assistance that offers rich type-ahead features, which help you in selecting the next expected function parameter or available structure member. When positioning your mouse pointer over a function name, the function prototype will be displayed.
- Tags Browsing which offers you a graphical overview of the applications' cross-references, and allows easy navigation through the available variables and functions.
- CodeFolio that allows you to easily insert 'snippets' of template code, thus adding to coding efficiency, making possible macro expansion and prompted input as you insert the code.
- Split Windows that provide full control over source code by allowing you to split your file horizontally or vertically into as many as four edit windows.
- An HTML View Window has been integrated to allow browsing through the product manuals, your project or code documentation or even surfing the Internet.
- Optimizing C compiler produces the tightest, fastest code in the industry, with dedicated features for embedded application development:
- Supports all the 16 and 20 bit 196/296 microcontrollers from Intel and Aeroflex
- Architecture specific language extensions
- Interrupt functions in C and in-line assembly
- Vertical Register Windowing in C
- Single-precision floating point support
- Complete ANSI C libraries in source, and runtime support libraries
- Full Intel OMF-96 and Intel HEX support
- Based on the original C96 tools from Intel and therefore "Intel compatible"
- Conformant to ANSI-C standard; Verified against defacto validation suites
- Versatile Macro Assembler, Linker/Locator and utilities
- Used by many industry leading companies in Aerospace, Automotive and Aviation
Third Party Tool Support
- RTOS: CMX Systems, Quadros Systems
- In-Circuit Emulator: Lauterbach Datentechnik, iSYSTEM
ChipView-196 debugger from our partner company ChipTools
- Full source-level transparent support for the TASKING C compiler and assembler
- Windows controls for easy mouse use, as well as expert modes with short-cut keys
- Key-in variable names and locations by OLE drag & drop
- Total configuration save/restore including all breakpoints, watches, lists, window layout, macros, etc.
- High-Level Function Call Stack window with parameters
- Conditional breakpoints with pass counts & action selection
- DataTips browse C structures, unions, arrays, and pointers by simply placing the cursor over the expression in source code
- Peep-hole assembler, disassembler, session logging, more.
Software Design and Test Tools:
Consultancy and/or Training:
Altium Professional Services
For more detailed information on third party tools support for the TASKING 196/296 Toolset, take a look at the TASKING 196/296 Third Party Product Guide.
Read more about our 196/296 Development Solutions
- Detailed 196/296 Tools Datasheet
- Technical Support, 196/296 Toolset manuals, Application Notes and FAQs
- The EDE development environment
Purchasing the TASKING 196/296 Tools
|07-200-006-022:||EDE/Editor, C Compiler, Assembler, Linker/Locator and Utilities|
The TASKING 196/296 tools are available on PC/Windows (NT/2000/XP) and Sun/Solaris platforms.
Download fully working demo version.