This page describes the TASKING classic C166 compiler, the world's best sold development toolset for all C166 and ST10 compatible microcontrollers. The first release of this toolset was in 1991, after which it has reached market leading positions in many markets, including automotive and telecom (mobile phones). Still today Altium supports, maintains and improves this toolset, of which many popular older versions are also still available. This toolset is especially recommended for legacy projects.
For new projects, or existing projects developed with C166 compilers from other vendors in a need of additional code performance (density and speed), Altium recommends the new high-performance TASKING VX-toolset for the C166/ST10. More information on the VX-toolset is available on the VX-toolset for C166/ST10 product page.
What's New in v8.8 and v8.9 (2012)
- Support for new derivative members in the Infineon XE166 family
- Support for new derivatives members in the Infineon XC2000 family
- DAvE related improvements
- Debugger support for new Infineon DAP miniWiggler
- EDE now supports Microsoft Windows 7
- Includes the new DAS v3.3.1 release from Infineon
The Total C166 Compiler Solution
- Includes C, C++/EC++ compilers with MISRA C enhanced code checking and CrossView Pro Debugging Environment
- The toolset supports the C166 compatible families from
- Infineon Technologies:
- C161, C163, C164, C165, C167, E-Gold/X-Gold, C166S Vx, XC161, XC164, XC167, XE164, XE167, XC22xx, XC23xx and XC27xx, as well as all their individual variants
- Intel: E-Gold/X-Gold GSM Baseband ICs
- IPextreme: C166S V1 core
- Micronas: SDA6000
- ST10x163, ST10x165, ST10x167, ST10x168, ST10x169, ST10x172, ST10x251, ST10x252, ST10x262, ST10x269, ST10x271, ST10x272, ST10x273, ST10x275, ST10x276, ST10x280, ST10x286, ST10F296, ST10F397, STESF10C, Super10M340, Super10M345
- 5 Memory models
- Efficient pointer arithmetic
- Fast parameter passing using registers
CrossView Pro C166/ST10 Debugger
- High speed simulator, OCDS and ROM monitor debugger for debugging in C++, C and assembler (+ mixed mode).
- Versatile GUI with configurable windows for data, memory, source, and so on
- Multiple breakpoint types supported
- C and assembly level trace and stack tracing
- Instruction Set Simulator including extensive peripheral simulation and symbolic register support
- Symbolic register support in EDE and CrossView Pro debugger
- I/O simulation using files or windows
- Peripheral simulation in CrossView Pro Simulator
- Code/Data Coverage and Profiling (Performance Analysis) in CrossView Pro Simulator Debugger
- On Chip Debugging Support (OCDS), debugging Infineon evaluation boards using a simple parallel cable or USB-JTAG wiggler box
- ROM monitor debugger is plug-and-play ready for many evaluation boards, and retargetable to your own hardware
- Support for Infineon®'s Device Access Server (DAS), for communication between CrossView Pro and a target board
- ROM monitor debugging via CAN or Serial Port, and through TCP/IP over a remote PC
- OSEK kernel aware debugging, ORTI 2.0 and 2.1 based
- The CrossView Pro Simulator Debugger is included in all product bundles
Third Party Tools supporting the TASKING C166 toolset
Arcticus, CMX Systems, Elektrobit, Embedded Office, ENEA Embedded Technology, ETAS, Euros Embedded Systems, Micrium, Quadros Systems, Vector Informatik
In-Circuit Emulator / JTAG Interface / Debugger Solutions:
ChipTools, Hitex Development Tools, iSYSTEM, Lauterbach Datentechnik, pls
CMX, Euros Embedded Systems, IXXAT, port GmbH, SYS TEC electronic, Vector Informatik
Hitex Development Tools, Infineon Technologies, Phytec, STMicroelectronics, TKtronic, TQ-Components
Software Design and Test Tools:
Absint, dSPACE, EASYCODE, Infineon (DAvE®), LDRA, The MathWorks, PragmaDev, Rapita Systems, Razorcat, RistanCASE, Smart Software Solutions, Vector Software, Visu-IT!
Consultancy and/or Training:
HCC-Embedded, hse-electronic (Flash tool), SMART Electronic Development
For more detailed information on third-party tools support for the TASKING C166/ST10 toolset, take a look at the TASKING C166/ST10 Third-Party Product Guide.
Read more about our C166/ST10 Development Solutions
- Detailed C166 Toolset datasheet
- Technical Support, Application Notes, C166 Toolset manuals, and FAQs
- The EDE development environment and the debugger CrossView Pro
Press Releases related to our C166 solutions
- Press Release: LDRA and TASKING VX-toolset for C166 Integration Offers Compliance for Automotive, Control and Avionics Markets. The integrated solution brings compliance to safety standards such as MISRA, IEC 61508, ISO 26262 and DO-178B.
Ordering the classic TASKING C166/ST10 Tools
|07-200-019-002:||EDE/Editor, C Compiler with MISRA C code checking, Assembler, Linker/Locator, CrossView Pro Simulator Debugger|
|07-200-019-012:||EDE/Editor, C/C++/EC++ Compiler with MISRA C code checking, Assembler, Linker/Locator, CrossView Pro Simulator Debugger|
|07-200-019-024:||EDE/Editor, C/C++/EC++ Compiler with MISRA C code checking, Assembler, Linker/Locator, CrossView Pro OCDS (JTAG), ROM Monitor and Simulator Debugger|
|07-290-000-001:||USB-JTAG-wiggler for OCDS debugging of Infineon MCUs (to be ordered with OCDS debugger)|
The TASKING C166/ST10 Tools are available on PC/Windows and Sun/Solaris platforms. Selected versions are available on PC/Linux.
Download the full version for a 15-day evaluation.