The optimizing capabilities of the TASKING DSP56xxx C/C++/EC++ compiler tools and the program performance analysis functionality of the CrossView Pro DSP56xxx debugger enable you to produce the most efficient code for your application.
The TASKING DSP56xxx Software Development Toolset supports COFF (.CLD) compatibility and the GNU calling convention. This provides the capability to generate code for the Freescale assembler and linker with COFF compliant debug information. Support of the Freescale toolchain is fully integrated into our EDE so you can easily select the entire TASKING toolchain or the TASKING and Freescale toolchain. To ease migration from the Freescale GNU tools to the TASKING software development tools, a migration guide is available which provides helpful hints and guidelines as what to keep in mind during the migration as well as how to obtain the highest performance from your application.
The DSP56xxx Software Development Toolset
EDE (Embedded Development Environment)
...supplies you with direct and easy access to all the DSP56xxx tools you need for your application development via a single user interface.
- Project set-up and management
- Powerful language sensitive editor
- Type-ahead editing
- Predefined and custom "code outlines"
- Easy configuration of DSP56xxx C/C++ compiler, assembler, linker/locator and debugger
- Automated make facility
- HTML language and web browser support
DSP56k C/C++/EC++ Compiler
…applies powerful DSP optimization techniques and algorithms to enable you to produce the most efficient code for your application.
- Fully ANSI-C and ISO C++ compliant DSP56xxx compiler
- Complete compatibility with Freescale GNU compiler
- Static, reentrant and mixed memory models
- In-line assembly
- Cache handling pragma's and built-in functions
- Built-in support for overflow / saturation
- MAC instruction in computational expressions
- In-line expansion of predefined functions
- Branch optimizations
- Predefined functions for model options
- Storage specifiers for X, Y, L and P memory
- Compiler generated DO and REP loops
- Circular buffer data type for efficient filter loops
- Highly effective optimization techniques
- Common subexpression elimination
- Loop recognition
- Variable usage analysis and register allocation
- Fast parameter passing to avoid the stack
- Powerful assembler, linker and locator generates ROMable code for total flexibility
- ANSI C, runtime, fixed and floating point libraries
- Libraries available in COFF format
CrossView Pro DSP56k Debugger
…provides features and functionality to help shorten your debug session, determine performance bottlenecks, uncover additional information, and test your application.
- Multiple viewing windows (source, register, trace, memory, stack, data, command)
- Bubble-Spy™ technology for quick and easy viewing of variable or function values
- Set, clear, enable, disable breakpoints
- Code, data, stack, complex breakpoints
- Probe points
- Breakpoint sequencer
- Multiple DSP debugging
- Single stepping without stopping
- File system simulation
- Record and playback debug session
- On-chip debug (OCDS) support
- Program performance analysis
- Cycle counting
- Code coverage
- Programmable DSP graphical data analysis
- C, assembly level and stack tracing
Supported DSP563xx, DSP567xx and Symphony Audio DSPs Derivatives
Register definition files for all currently known DSP56xxx derivatives:
The following derivatives are supported in conjunction with Freescale's Sympony Studio Development Software:
Locator descriptor files are included for all known DSP56xxx ADM and EVM.
Note: the 5600x derivatives and 5600x ADM/EVM are supported in the tools but announced as an end of life product by Freescale.
Third Party Tool Support
CMX Systems, Quadros Systems
In-Circuit Emulator Solutions:
Domain Technologies, Lauterbach, Macraigor
Software Design and Test Tools:
Consultancy and/or Training:
Altium Professional Services
For more detailed information on third party tools support for the TASKING DSP56xxx Toolset, take a look at the TASKING DSP56k Third Party Product Guide.
Read more about our DSP56xxx Development Solutions:
Purchasing the TASKING DSP563xx/DSP567xx Tools
|07-200-039-024:||DSP56xxx C/C++/EC++ compiler, Assembler, Linker/Locator, EDE, CrossView Pro Simulator Debugger|
|07-200-039-049:||DSP56xxx CrossView Pro ADS/EVM Debugger*|
* All execution environments exclude JTAG chaining support.
The TASKING DSP56xxx tools are available on PC/Windows and Sun/Solaris platforms.
Download fully working demo version.